Jamaica is one of our favorite places to visit! It emanates a unique feeling of food, people, culture and lush landscapes. Between the mountain tops and beautiful beaches…Jamaica is a must see and do! But do not take my word for it, go out and experience for yourself! Eat off the lush land of fruits and veggies, move with the people along with great sounds of Reggae music, drink a Red Stripe or Ting. Yes Jamaica you will find relaxing or exhilarating!
List to do:
- Rain Forest Blob Sled
- Blue water hole and falls (wear water shoes or sneaks) and a good swimmer
- Dunns River Falls (wear water shoes or sneaks)
- Lobster Island for fresh grilled fish/lobster
- Walk Negril 7 mile beach
- Rick’s Café Diving and drinks along the cliffs
- Ivan’s in Negril for romantic dinner
- Enjoy Blue Mountain coffee
- Listen and dance to Raggae music
- Take a dance lesson
- Try Jamaican foods…Jerk chicken and grilled plantain
Place to stay:
GoldenEye Boutique Hotel introduces…the Beach Huts! All are designed so you feel one step away from sleeping under the stars.
Travel + Leisure puts it on their “It List: Best New Hotels 2011,” the World Travel Awards put it on their “Hot List: Best New Hotels & Resorts of 2011,” and Smart Luxury Travel names it the Caribbean’s Number One Boutique Hotel. THE FOOD…No matter what you’re in the mood for, there is plenty of dining options—poolside breakfast at Bizot, barbecue at Bamboo Bar, drinks at Shabeen or dinner at The Gazebo. From swimming and snorkeling to paddle boarding and kayaking, there’s no shortage of trips and activities to take during your stay at GoldenEye. Don’t forget to try the frozen GoldenEye drink with Blackwell Rum as well.
I truly love what Jamaica offers and represents. My husband agrees and every time we go back, it has always been a new experience of paradise in the Caribbean.