Summer Travel Tips
By Spoonful of C
The first thing you need for a stress free travel system is the perfect Airport App! Check out the following apps that I use to ensure a wonderful experience throughout your journey.
- iFly Pro – has in-depth information on more than 700 airports from around the world. This includes in-terminal navigation, flight statuses, parking rates, layover ideas and details on services and amenities near you. It’s worth the price!
- GateGuru – Within seconds, this free app pulls out information on shops, restaurants and other amenities in both domestic and international airports. The app has other fun features, too. For example, there’s Your Travel Stats, where you can check your mileage, the number of airports you’ve visited and other flight-related statistics.
- LoungeBuddy – Hate waiting more than anything else? LoungeBuddy has you covered, with its ability to spit out information on lounge areas near you, using information like your elite status with an airline—or lack thereof—lounge memberships and itinerary details.
- MiFlight – collects information on wait times from over 50 airports from around the world, thanks to the generosity of disgruntled passengers who want to know: “Has the line moved yet?” If you don’t have the patience for waiting in line, you need this app!
- Airport Transit Guide – If you like traveling abroad, Airport Transit Guide is for you. This app is full of information on the best way to get from point A to point B within a foreign airport. Also, in case you’re lost or your flight gets delayed, the app has a search feature for airports—arranged alphabetically – and contains links to airport websites, so you can book another flight when necessary.
- Entrain – This app keeps jet lag at bay by mapping out your sleep schedule according to your body’s circadian rhythms. Entrain relies on your reported light data to recommend the best sleeping and waking hours for you in your new time zone. This helps your biological rhythms kick back into gear, minimizing your jetlag.
- FlySmart – The app lists reviews and other information on shops, restaurants and other services in your area. It has notifications on flight delays, to help you prepare for the worst when it comes. The only drawback to this app is it doesn’t list negative reviews on certain restaurants and shops, so you’ll have to take what users say with a grain of salt.
Plus, Never travel without packing this miracle travel buddy!
The Reliable Ovo 150GT Portable Steam Iron & Garment Steamer
- Meet the mini multitasker – It’s both an iron & steamer
- This portable powerhouse travels light and takes out wrinkles without taking up space.
- Whether you’re on-the-go or at home, the Ovo 150GT gets your wardrobe ready without the worry of spitting or leaking.